SC - Asparagus smell

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Thu Feb 8 22:44:56 PST 2001

- --part1_92.101d4ee0.27b4ed82_boundary

I know I am probably covering the same ground someone else has covered, but=20=
I=20
thought that I would give this one a shot too. =20

Para assar la espalda de la vaca en assador

Tomaras los pedazos de la espalda de la vaca no mayores que de=20
peso de quatro libras, pondraslos debaxo de algun gran pesso con=20
sal molida, hinojo, pimienta machada, y un poco de ajo picado, por=20
espacio de quatro horas, luego los pondras en el assador y debaxo=20
de una cazuela con un poco de romero, si te pareciere, y unos=20
cascos de cebolla, los quales se yran cociendo con la gordura que=20
cayere de lo assado.=A0 Servirlo has caliente con las cebollas y su=20
zumo, mesclandole un gustillo hecho de vinagre y mosto cocido, y=20
especias comunes.

To Roast The Back of A Cow on a Spit

Take pieces of the cow's back no greater than four pounds, put them=20
underneath some great weight with some ground salt, fennel,=20
(machada=3Dpieces...ground pepper?), and a little (picado=3Dto perforate or=20
prick...crushed garlic?) for the space of about four hours, after which you=20
will put them on a spit and underneath you will place a pan with a little=20
rosemary, (parecer=3Dto look like...I am tempted to think that this next phr=
ase=20
means "and if you think that it needs it") some (cascos de cebolla=3Dskin of=
=20
onion) which shall cook with the fat that falls from the meat [on the spit].=
 =20
Serve it hot with the onions and their juices, mixing it with a (gustillo=
=3Da=20
touch...maybe what they mean is a light sauce?) made of vinegar, cooked=20
[wine] must, and common spices.

Forgive me if my translation is a little off.  I was reading some of the=20
phrases and I KNEW what they meant, having heard them so many times from my=20
mother in Portuguese, but when I had to put them into English, I couldn't=20
seem to make the leap.  Sometimes the problem with having been raised with=20
another language is that there are some ideas are just too difficult to=20
convert...

::Mairin waves and ducks for cover...incoming!!!::

- --part1_92.101d4ee0.27b4ed82_boundary

=3D"Verdana" LANG=3D"0">I know I am probably covering the same ground someon=
e else has covered, but I=20
<BR>thought that I would give this one a shot too.
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER>
<BR>Para assar la espalda de la vaca en assador
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>Tomaras los pedazos de la espalda de la vaca no mayores=20=
que de=20
<BR>peso de quatro libras, pondraslos debaxo de algun gran pesso con=20
<BR>sal molida, hinojo, pimienta machada, y un poco de ajo picado, por=20
<BR>espacio de quatro horas, luego los pondras en el assador y debaxo=20
<BR>de una cazuela con un poco de romero, si te pareciere, y unos=20
<BR>cascos de cebolla, los quales se yran cociendo con la gordura que=20
<BR>cayere de lo assado.=A0 Servirlo has caliente con las cebollas y su=20
<BR>zumo, mesclandole un gustillo hecho de vinagre y mosto cocido, y=20
<BR>especias comunes.
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DCENTER>To Roast The Back of A Cow on a Spit
<BR>
<BR><P ALIGN=3DLEFT>Take pieces of the cow's back no greater than four pound=
s, put them=20
<BR>underneath some great weight with some ground salt, fennel,=20
<BR>(machada=3Dpieces...ground pepper?), and a little (picado=3Dto perforate=
 or=20
<BR>prick...crushed garlic?) for the space of about four hours, after which=20=
you=20
<BR>will put them on a spit and underneath you will place a pan with a littl=
e=20
<BR>rosemary, (parecer=3Dto look like...I am tempted to think that this next=
 phrase=20
<BR>means "and if you think that it needs it") some (cascos de cebolla=3Dski=
n of=20
<BR>onion) which shall cook with the fat that falls from the meat [on the sp=
it].
<BR>Serve it hot with the onions and their juices, mixing it with a (gustill=
o=3Da=20
<BR>touch...maybe what they mean is a light sauce?) made of vinegar, cooked=20
<BR>[wine] must, and common spices.
<BR>
<BR>Forgive me if my translation is a little off.  I was reading some o=
f the=20
<BR>phrases and I KNEW what they meant, having heard them so many times from=
 my=20
<BR>mother in Portuguese, but when I had to put them into English, I couldn'=
t=20
<BR>seem to make the leap.  Sometimes the problem with having been rais=
ed with=20
<BR>another language is that there are some ideas are just too difficult to=20
<BR>convert...
<BR>
<BR>::Mairin waves and ducks for cover...incoming!!!::
<BR>
<BR></P></P></P></P></FONT></HTML>

- --part1_92.101d4ee0.27b4ed82_boundary--