SC - kefir

Lee Potteiger leep at primenet.com
Fri Feb 9 08:32:19 PST 2001

Hi Nicholas -- I'd really like to see the pictures of what you've done.
Period theater is my primary, and I'm especially fascinated with stage
settings.  We don't do a lot of them because of construction and
transportation and storage issues, but I'd really like to be able to do more
period style stage settings.

I don't think trying to recreate a period setting with modern materials and
construction is going to be too very distracting -- unless, of course, your
finished product looks like Disney's pink plastic Sleeping Beauty Castle.
Your columns, for example, were pretty fragile.  Is there something you
could have done to make them more stable?  Aluminum siding may not have been
the best available material, but carving them out of marble or granite is
definitely impractical.  Period flats were not much different from the flats
used today.  Would columns painted on flats have given you the same effect?

Rose