Middle Eastern Cooking (was Re: SC - Theme Menus)

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Fri Feb 9 16:39:50 PST 2001

>Has anyone
>tried a menu based on travels?

"Spice Road' themed feasts have been held.  Hard to do properly as we don't
know so much about the eastern end of all that, so modern food is used to
fill in.

>An example would be to trace the foods a crusader or pilgrim would have
>encountered on a trip from western Europe to the Holy Land.  Or maybe
>tracking the food encountered on a Mediterranean trip - Spain, Italy, North
>Africa - or some such.

These trips sound a lot more likely to be documentable.  Though I'm not sure
that the actual food pilgrims would encounter would be so good as the food
in the important houses they passed by.

Bonne