SC - 1580 Japan

Jen Conrad tjconrad at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 14 14:06:19 PST 2001

When my husband and I took over WK Collegium last year, it was with an
ulterior motive:  I wanted to learn to cook feasts.  My local group has one
annual potluck feast, and in general it seems that feasts in this area have
been on the decline in the past several years.  Our principality used to
hold a spring banquet, but that disappeared several years ago, which left
only the Beaconsgate Boar Hunt as the big regional feast.

Our predecessor introduced feasts into collegium two or three years ago, and
they're slowly catching on.  We have two collegiums a year, so I cook two
feasts.  It doesn't really seem like too much, but of course, we'll pass on
the office next 12th Night and it'll be up to the new chancellor to decide
whether or not to continue the feast.

Since I'm still pretty new to feast cooking, the novelty hasn't even come
close to wearing off, and I've been actively seeking out any opportunity I
can to cook.

Rose