SC - Period chicken feet

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Feb 16 06:03:05 PST 2001

I haven't seen chicken feet since I was a little girl and my mom's kosher
poultry man would bring them to the house along with the chickens she
ordered. (living in Philadelphia, we had kosher chickens delivered to the
house from a kosher farmer from Vineland NJ.)  And way back when you could
very often get the eggs (yolks) that were inside the chicken when they
slaughtered the hen.  You can't get them any more.  For some reason the state
has deemed them unhealthy... don't know why they would be.  Well, anyway,
those special yolks were a real treat for my mom.
Phillipa

<<
 >>I have never eaten nor probably seen chicken feet. Maybe there is not
 enough meat on them to be eaten?<< >>