SC - Day Boards/rosebutter

margali margali at 99main.com
Fri Feb 16 11:05:55 PST 2001

I prefer to can my own, from fresh. I do it the same way that I like to
do whole string beans, parboil and put into the jar lengthwise and top
off with the liquid and do the boiling water bath thing. I do like to
put a little lemon juice in with the asparagus.  My mom canned a mixture
of green and wax beans, fresh garbanzos and kidney beans so that all she
had to do for 3 bean salad was add the onions and dressing. She would
also can the mix of veggies for beef soup so all she would have to do is
simmer the beef in stock and dump in the veggie in broth when it was
about time for the soup to be done. She said it was something she picked
up from her mother.
margali

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com