SC - More on "Vatel"... Oscar nominee.

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 20 16:08:54 PST 2001

Hemp seeds are an excellent source of essential fatty acids.  The oil
from them is sold in supplemental form.  The shelled seeds (definitely
the ones you want), make a nice addition to foods you would add other
types of seeds to.  I made pesto sauce the other night, and added
sunflower, pumpkin, and shelled hemp seeds to it.  Yum.
Christianna

On Tue, 20 Feb 2001 09:04:07 -0800 Susan Fox-Davis <selene at earthlink.net>
writes:
> Sterile hemp seeds are sold as bird feed in the US, or at least I
> used to see it
> sometimes when I was fostering a friend's parrot about 10 years ago.
>  I'm not sure
> I want to eat them though.
>
> Selene

> one. Talk about
> BTW, I'm
> suggesting

> > Okay, I don't think I have any beverages based on such plants, but
> I do
> > have recipes for such food items in the Florilegium.  What? the
> Florilegium
> > have referances to unusual items? <snip>

> SCA-Cooks".

===