SC - In a pasta making mood

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 11:15:21 PST 2001

>For a substitute for "Queen's Tea" would "Queen's Court" work? So far
>as I know, it isn't a term actually used in period, but at least it
>is made up of period terms used in a more or less period fashion.
>--
>David Friedman

Your Grace.  Please may I differ with your idea of "Queens Court".  It gives
a totally different idea of what is going on.  When I hear "court" I am
expecting one thing ~ sit down, formal, usually serious, etc. etc.; when I
hear "tea" or "brunch" I am expecting something more intimate and relaxed
with refreshments and chatting.

Olwen who is wondering how duct tape can be period without question but tea
cannot..