non-member submission - Re: SC - Mongolian Cookbook... Period?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 23 12:02:09 PST 2001

> >And by the way, period queens held gatherings, meetings, meals, etc. all
> >the time. In many places, the royalty generally travelled, met with people
> >and often even ATE separately.
> I am now informed that queens Back Then would hold social gatherings.
>  I have yet to recieve any information that such social gatherings would
> have been called a Queen's Brunch, or Queen's Tea, or Queen's Nosh, or
> indeed a Queen's <anything>.

Oh? And what would they be called? Better yet, what how would they be
referred to? We know they occured. Such events involve planning,
direction giving, moving of furniture and scheduling. Someone had to refer
to them as something. Find out how they were referred to, and figure out
if that is materially different from the possesive.

- --
Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Are you finished? If you're finished, you have to put down the spoon."