SC - Manual de mujeres #116,123,124,143-145

Dana Huffman letrada at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 23 12:07:51 PST 2001

>If nobody in a kingdom is willing to tell royalty when they are
>wrong, the kingdom is in serious trouble.

I totally agree. Especially considering the "discussion" my King and
I had at Estrella last week. And we still parted as better friends
than we began.

>Oddly enough, "brunch" bothers me less than "tea," although I would
>prefer to avoid both.

How period is "luncheon"? Although I like the tern "Tea" in granting
the modern mind's view of a light lunch with lots of gossip and
elegance. "Brunch" implies a heartier but long-duration meal.
"Luncheon" also implies light dining and conversation but not as
elegant.

>When
>we have an activity titled a "tea," the implication is that Jane
>Austen is medieval.

Nice point. We are constantly striving to remove the Victorian
contamination from actual history.
What I consider a "Tea" to be brings images of when ladies would
gather in the Queen's Solar to sew, spin, gossip have light snacks
and warm themselves in elegant company. "Queen's Solar" perhaps?

>David Friedman

Yers,

Gunthar