SC - medieval dutch food

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Tue Feb 27 07:48:07 PST 2001

Greetings!
I would like to thank Allison who taught at Pennsic, who sent me excellent
referenced recipes for the making of medieval jellies, which I used to
make a subtlety to present to their Royal Majesties Queen Isabella and
King Andreas at the Feast of the Islands in the shire of Ar n-Eilean-ne.

The Jelly was decorated in coloured layers to represent the heraldry of
the shire, made in period colours, and decorated with gold leaf flakes. It
was a fish jelly made to taste not of fish but of the wine, ginger, honey
and almonds it was made with. The recipe was referenced to 15th century
Germany(thanks again Allison) I was very pleased to give her Majesty the
Queen seconds, which was a huge compliment considering Her Majesty is a
light eater:)

Wisegarda