SC - Period food in the workplace

lilinah@earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 27 12:37:35 PST 2001

Somehow, I missed the start of this. Someone said:

> >     The BoD, which is supposed to act as a check on possible excesses,
is so
> >ossified and unwilling to actually find out what is going on that they
may
> >as well be living in the Land of the Lotus Eaters. It's always a sad
thing
> >to watch people of worth and integrity being reduced to mere bureaucrats.

No, that's not the function of the BoD. The function of the BoD is to have
an interface with the real world so that we can all continue to enjoy the
game we play. The BoD only gets called in to deal with "excesses" when
someone complains to it. If people would resolve their issues at the local
level, I wager something like 75-90 percent of the BoD's workload would
disappear overnight.

The Pay to Play debacle was 6 years ago now. At that time, a mundane person
(Tony Provine) was in charge of the SCA, Inc. Because of his unfamiliarity
with how we play our game, he gave the BoD very horrible and costly advice.
He was thoroughly routed and soundly disposed of, so I think we can put
history behind us and move forward.

Yours,
Rosalyn MacGregor
At-large representative of the Middle Kingdom
to the Grand Council
(Pattie Rayl)