SC - list newbie/Seasonal food.

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Feb 27 17:03:42 PST 2001

Huette asked about a book on blown sugar.  There is a good, step-by-step one
by Peter Boyle, _Sugar Work_, Blown- and Pulled-Sugar Techniques, Van
Nostrand Reinhold, 1992, ISBN 0-442-20994-0 in hardback and 0-442-01359-7 in
paperback (which I have).  It has color prints of goblets, fruits and
flowers made of blown/pulled sugar.

'Twas mentioned by Richenza in Boston that it might be late period.  I think
so, also.  Seems to me in one of the books I have there is a reference to
something from Italy.  I would not expect it to have gotten out of Italy
during period, although there were cast fruits in molds.  Maybe Richenza
would go to the KW A&S Symposium in An Tir and teach it??  I suppose the
humidity of Pennsic wouldn't allow for a class...

Alys Katharine