SC - Religious Holidays - OT

Gwendolen Lambert marillian at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 28 16:46:59 PST 2001

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> --- "Laura C. Minnick" <lcm at efn.org> wrote:

> > When I made dinner for James' dad and brother a few
> > weeks back I made
> > baked pears in puff pastry, with raspberry sauce and
> > some cream poured
> > over. Very yummy, very rich. I think I want to futz
> > with that one some
> > more...
>
> Recipe please?
>
> Huette

*sigh* You would ask. I didn't work from a recipe- it was my usual
seat-of-the-pants (or in that case I was wearing a skirt) cooking.
Hmm...

My Pears in Pastry-

four pears
1 box of frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 bag of frozen berries (mixed berries, IIRC)
some heavy cream
a little sugar
a little nutmeg

I nuked the pears until they were pretty thoroughly soft. Then I wrapped
each of them in puff pastry, with the corners draped artfully of course.
Put them in a greased baking pan, put them in the oven, at, oh, probably
around 350 or so. (I put them in after I took out the game hens and I
don't remember what temp I baked them at). Baked until the pastry was
well browned. In the meantime, I put the berries in a small saucepan,
juice and all, added a handfull of sugar, and heated slowly and cooked
them down into a nice thick sauce. Mixed in just a little nutmeg. When
we were ready for dessert, I put each pear in a bowl, scooped some berry
sauce over it, and dribbled some creamm over all. The only problem I had
was the cream kept wanting to dribble over onto the tablecloth! They
were yummy, but I think one pear per person was too much after a
good-sized meal- half a pear would have been just fine I think.

There. Does taht satisfy you curiousity? ;-)

'Lainie