SC - An invitation to the cooks of Atenveldt

Pat mordonna22 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 28 23:33:23 PST 2001

Lent just being the current example and academic type problem I have taken
upon myself.

The same group of people I am dealing with trying to convince are already
used to dealing with food restrictions be it A. the food allergies that tend
to be existant when you get enough people together to camp with a common
kitchen or B. the member of the war group who is mundanely Jewish.  The boys
are accommodating when it comes to making sure there are enough pork-less
dishes on the menu, but the leap to "In period my persona would be forbidden
to eat this..." is not necessarily a sacrifice they are currently willing to
give.

I think that the deciphering of the rules and exceptions will be a great
puzzle (being lucky in modern life and not personally having food rules to
follow just the guidelines my stomach gives me when it is annoyed with me).
Unlike some of us, I have to start completely from scratch as I was not
raised in a religion that followed any sort of food restrictions, and so
have no foundation of reference on which to build.

And maybe a few years in the future I will have a success story for you
regarding a spring feast and my group of crusading (carnivorous) monks.

- -Cassea