OT Re: SC - Brag

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:50:11 PST 2001

>>lord husband is brilliant at math.  He does calculus sometimes for
>>amusement, the way other people might do a crossword puzzle.
>
>Oh, he and my lord husband should meet someday.  They can talk in numbers
>while we cook.
>
>Bonne

Sounds like my daughter Morningstar would fit well in that group.  I recall
her struggling with homework one night.  She got so mad.  The calculator
went sailing down the stairs!  She stomped about fumming.  When I dared
asked her what the difficutly was, she said the instuctor had told them they
had to use the calculator and prove the methods they used to arrive at the
answers.  She didn't know how to use a calculator!!  She has always had a
head for math, algebra, calculus, etc.
I do recall she was a bit miffed by geometry.  I suspect because that is
based in logic.
Olwen, who has no head for math at all...