Skinny Cooks (was Re: Re: SC - Re: coronation menu (long))

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 1 14:25:26 PST 2001

Adamantius wrote:
>upsxdls_osu at ionet.net wrote:
>  > What did she weigh BEFORE childbirth, if she only weighed 102 pounds after?
>>  Liadnan - who gained 25 pounds during pregnancy and lost 45 pounds after
>>  delivery, for a net loss of 20 pounds! (Child weighed 7 pounds, 8 ounces)
>
>At the risk of committing "fuzzy number" offenses, I'd say she weighed
>about 96 pounds before pregnancy, and got up to around 116 during the
>last trimester. I think. Of course, she's a midg... um, petite, and I
>highly question the accuracy of her loud claims/protestations of being
>five feet tall. She eats like a camel, often going for long periods
>without taking the time to eat, but when she does, stand back, and
>afterwards, count your fingers. It's actually quite funny watching her
>eat with a bunch of 200-plus-pound fighters, politely inquiring if
>they're going to eat the rest of that lobster...

I am about 5' 1" and weighed 97 lb from the age of 11 until i got
pregnant at 30. During my pregnancy i was physically active,
exercised a bit in addition, and ate less than my small Southeast
Asian husband. But by the last trimester i weighed around 160, and
lost very little when my daughter was born - she weighted a pretty
normal 7 lb 6 oz or thereabouts.

I once managed to get down to around 120 during a period of extreme
emotional pain and anxiety. And through dieting have gotten to about
135 a couple times, but i can't keep it off and have gone back to my
pregnant weight.

I am not happy being more than a person-and-a-half, but find it very
difficult to lose weight and keep it off. I actually *like* the taste
of food, unlike my skinny brother who told me he doesn't particularly.

In addition, i do not have a sweet tooth, but a fat tooth - i love
butter, cheeses, ice cream, and don't like most cookies, cakes and
pies because they're too sweet.

I really need to take off a bunch of weight and keep it off, because
i am having knee and lower back trouble which are weight related.

I've found that a low carb diet works better for me, because i can
satisfy my fat tooth, and i don't miss sweets. After the first two
weeks i can even eat a square of extra bittersweet chocolate a couple
times a week without messing up the diet. What i miss on that sort of
diet is fresh fruit.

Anahita