SC - Brawn Question

Fri Feb 2 07:57:42 PST 2001

Holy-Rood Day is the 26th of September although the Exaltation of the Cross
which occurs on 14 September is sometimes referred to as Holy Rood Day.  And
there is something in May which is referred to as a Holy Rood Day.  I'd go
woth the 26th personally, because, IIRC, it is a market day for animals as
is Nov. 2 or 3.

A rood is a crucifix.  The Holy Rood is the One, True Cross.  I think Holy
Rood Day involves pieces of the cross recovered during the First Crusade,
but don't quote me on it, unless you check it out.

Bear