SC - Per head budgets was Re: alcohol revisited

Fri Feb 2 08:50:45 PST 2001

I normally budget $3 to 4 per person expenditure with a $5 to 7 per person
feast fee, said fee depending on the estimated number of people to be fed
and the break even point on reservations.

My last feast was unusual because I had to plan for a higher number of
unpaid seats than normal with a planned maximum budget of $5 per person and
a fee of $7 per person.  The expenditure was high because of the cost of
chicken breast and cider and the fact that a few purchases needed to be made
at the last minute at market highs.  Total expenditures were about 30
dollars under budget.  We sold 117 out of 120 paid seats available and after
recovering deposits, turned about $60 profit on the feast.

Bear