SC - Per head budgets

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Feb 2 10:41:26 PST 2001

DeeWolff at aol.com wrote:

> If it is a vocal minority, then it is extremely vocal. Note that at most of
> the recent events....no fish. Also, note the tendency of some of the cooks
> recently to tell the populace "I don't cook fancy stuff..just meat and
> vegetables....." That is what is happening to us. I go to an 3 events a month
> around here, and I have been served mostly beef and chicken..sometimes pork
> or ham. Rarely, do I get anything else. If I do, it's a welcome site.
> Last 4 events recently:
> 1) roast pork
> 2) chickens, sliced roast beef
> 3) chicken, beef stew
> 4) 1/2 turkey(it was good!),sliced ham (cold, out of the package).
>
> The last time I had rabbit was 3 years ago, the same year as the quail. Fish
> WAS served recently, it was cod in white sauce. Nobody at my table ate it
> except me.
>
> Maybe we just need you in the kitchen more...... Sorry Kendra!!

Actually, this has crossed my mind as of, oh, around Twelfth Night.
Maybe we have an influx of new cooks who may have perhaps brought
somebody's food prejudices into the group, combined with an attitude on
both our parts of "let the new cooks do it if they want to." I've never
been one to beg for a chance to cook a feast, and we do seem to have a
lot more cooks than we used to. I think perhaps a Back to Basics program
of straight medieval food might get us back on our old track. Is it time
to get Brekke to get us her church site again, and have the Old Geezers
assert themselves?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy