SC - alcohol revisited

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Feb 2 22:33:03 PST 2001

jenne at mail.browser.net writes:

<< no, there's no fish in this eggroll'
 because the waiter thinks shrimp isn't a fish)  >>

A minor point.....shrimp are crustaceans so the waiter who says that there is
no fish in the eggroll is correct. In this example , it is not the waiter
who answered wrongly but rather the diner  was confused about their actual
allergy. In my experience, those allergic to fish are not generally allergic
to crustaceans also. I, for instance am allergic to blue crab. I ask if the
crab in a dish is blue crab. I wuld not think to call it 'fish' or 'snow
crab' or anything else but exactly what it is.  Oftentimes people with
allergies put their allergies into a broad spectrum when, in reality the
allrergy itself is very specific.

Ras