SC - Storebought kraut

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 21:32:53 PST 2001

>The best storebought kraut (IMHO) is Clausen's, in the case next to the
>pickles. Yum! Fresh, tangy, not so much like like just cabbage in pickle
>juice like my mom used to buy. (Of course, I think their pickles are
>superior too!)
>
>'Lainie

You have obviously not tried Bubbies. It makes Clausen's taste like a
chemical cocktail by comparison. I buy Bubbies at the healthfood
store, although i have also seen it at a local supermarket chain here
in the SF Bay area.

You can learn more about Bubbie's products at:
http://www.bubbies.com/

They say:
"Bubbies can be found in the refrigerator sections of better natural
health food stores nation wide as well as most chain stores in
California, Florida, and Colorado. Please ask for them by name.
Consumer demand is the key to success!"

Besides the sauerkraut and the Kosher dill pickles, i also endorse
the white horseradish - no preservatives, no sugar, just real
horseradish goodness.

Anahita
mmm, pickle juice.