SC -veal longings

sca-cooks-l sca-cooks-l at drakkar.org
Sun Feb 4 17:38:56 PST 2001

stefan at texas.net wrote in a message to All:

>     Caointiarn  (living in Moo-ntana,  where there's nary a veal in
> ight  -- and the butcher just looks at you funny when you ask when it's
> available )

 st> Huh? Veal is young cow, right? And there are lots of cows raised in
 st> Montana, right? Is this just a cultural thing perhaps? Or maybe an
 st> economic thing where you can make more money shipping the veal
 st> animals off to another region to be grown into a full-sized cow?
 st> I'm using "cow" here to mean either a female or male calf.

Veal is special young cow... generally these are calfs raised specifically for
veal, kept relatively restricted and often milkfed. But they sure do make nice
meat ;)

Haraldr Bassi, Frosted Hills, East
haraldr at drakkar.org

Dave Calafrancesco, Team OS/2
dave at drakkar.org

... They got the library at Alexandria, they're not getting mine!
- --