SC -veal longings

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Sun Feb 4 22:27:40 PST 2001

adamantius sez:
>Technically, veal in the U.S. is calf meat, some of which is unweaned,
>but most of which, I understand, is not subject to the kind of bloody
>'orrible treatment often found in other cultures. We have other forms of
>blooy 'orrible treatment of our very ownsome, thanyewverymuch.

really and for truely? trust you to know :)....wouldnt really surprise
me...American meat growers are in a world by themselves (most "lamb" is
almost a year old by the time we see it, so is it really lamb?). veal may
SUPPOSED to be little calves in tiny pens fed nothing but milk, but who knows?

 is there a documentable source that I can wave in peoples faces? (I love
veal, but enough people object to how they think its been raised that we
could never serve it here)

- --Anne-Marie, who  is puzzled by people who object to eating some creatures
but not others, based purely on cuteness factor, etc....(must be the farm
girl in me coming out :))....