SC - Peking duck stock? Way OOP

E. Rain raghead at liripipe.com
Mon Feb 5 12:47:44 PST 2001

Good morning,

I'm hoping someone here will have a good suggestion of what to do with an
ingredient I'm suddenly stuck with.

Our culinary guild had it's annual holiday party this weekend and the theme
was ducks, so we had several different types of duck over the course of the
day, and I scored some roast duck carcasses to take home and make stock.
unfortunately somebody accidentally threw the carcass from one of the Peking
ducks in with all my normal duckies.  Not realizing this I started up a
batch of stock as usual & only discovered the problem when I came back a
couple hours later to check on it.

so now I have a batch of stock that tastes immensely "Chinese" and since I
never cook Asian food I have no idea what to do with it.  While willing to
try most things in the medieval/Renn food arena, I'm not what you would call
adventurous in the Asian food department (no, I don't eat the chicken feet
when we go for dim sum).  I hate to just throw it out though, it's a good
rich stock...

Any (non-seafood) ideas out there?

Eden
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com