SC - Copyright and Earthlink

Gerekr at aol.com Gerekr at aol.com
Mon Feb 5 20:13:01 PST 2001

And then there's AOL...  which has recently allowed the pirating of a
full copy of our Ravensgard pages by their Hometown subsidiary (or
whatever that corporate relationship is, this week), so Hometown can
profit by running advertising banners over our work, without our
permission and expressly against our wishes.

Trying to get either entity to take down the Hometown copies, can't get a
straight answer out of either one.  First they denied that any such thing
had happened; the latest response is apparently "oh, but that's just the
way it works".

Well, we've been hunting a not-AOL ISP for years, this is just the last
straw.

Chimene
http://members.aol.com/gerekr/food.html - Ravensgard Food and Culinary
Arts (page)