SC - duck stock recipes?

Anne-Marie Rousseau acrouss at gte.net
Mon Feb 5 22:49:40 PST 2001

hey from Anne-Marie

Bonne asks what kinds of stuff we made at our duckie themed holiday party.
it was an assortment of modern dishes made with duck bits, duck fat, and/or
was stuff ducks would eat :). The menu was an interesting challenge as we
had an assortment of food weirdnesses to deal with, but everyone managed a
complete meal, including the no corn/no dairy person, the no nuts/no
vinegar couple, and the low fat/low carbs person.

the menu:

raclette, complete with potatos, onions and pickles (OK, not so duckie but
we wanted melted cheese!)
watercress sandwhiches
whole precooked chinese duck, served with steamed "stuffing buns",
scallions and hoisin sauce

roast duck done two ways (one way was presteamed in an attempt to remove
the fat, the other was a traditional roasting method), served with three
different sauces. an orange-lime sauce, a simple port garlic glaze and a
sour cherry black peppercorn sauce.

green mesclun salad with duck, pears and toasted pecans. tossed with a
citrus vinegrette.

wild rice and roasted onions

sauteed chard with garlic breadcrumbs and lime juice

dijon glazed carrots

pears bordelaise (in a bordeaux syrup)

Tangerine tart

please note that NONE Of these are medieval!!! but they were dang tasty and
much food was consumed.

recipes available on request.

- --Anne-Marie, head duck wrangler for this years Madrone Culinary Guild party