SC - vegetarian definition

Jenne Heise jenne at mail.browser.net
Wed Feb 7 13:12:50 PST 2001

> You are right about the veal being a by product of the
> milk industry. It's two sides of the same coin.  They
> have to keep those cows pregnant so they'll make more
> milk.

One could, theoretically, not have a veal industry but still have both a
beef industry and a milk industry. Male calves don't have to be
'harvested' before reaching maturity, and most of them aren't.

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net
"Our kingdom is a garden and such gardens are not made/By singing "Oh how
beautiful!" and sitting in the shade..." --Kipling, "Glory of the Garden"