teens was Re: SC - alcohol revisited

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 8 11:11:17 PST 2001

>> > He's also taller than I and beginning to look something like Prince
>> > William. We're doomed.

>I'm lucky.  My otherwise nice daugher is too thin, cut her hair in a
>mohawk,
>wears the same raggy clothes day in and day out, writes and draws all over
>herself and usually needs a bath.  Very unattractive.  And this at 19!
>Olwen the fortunate and grateful for art high school

But Olwen, boys at art school think this is an attractive look, a nicely
dressed girl would look out of place next to their own green spiky hair,
raggy clothes etc.

I'm undecided.  First daughter (age 16) was like Olwen's, but has given it
up in favor or a look best described as 'surfer prep' and given up the punk
shows for actual 'study groups' or dinner out with kids who are
frighteningly well behaved and middle class.  Having learned that the punk
crowd was much nicer than they appeared, I'm sure this crowd can't be nearly
as nice as they appear.  (mom-stress always finds something to latch onto).

The younger one (age 14) is growing into this crowd as well.

My nerves can't wait til they are 18 and 20 and I can call myself off-duty.
(as if)

Karen (Bonne is childless, at least, Cecily and Bronwyn both claim to be
orphans)