SC - Birka (& lunch)

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 8 21:32:35 PST 2001

"Lady" Christina Elisabeth Spicewell (called Bethra) wrote:
>No sooner had I moved to where I could see him kneeling up there, than
>MY name was called - the big one, not Bethra. I sort of wandered up in
>a daze, head down, with the till clamped tight to my side.  I forced my
>way onto the kneeler, and in a ceremony I barely remember, we both
>received our AoA's.

Congrats!

>p.s.  scroll pic is at
>http://www.geocities.com/christina_elisabeth/scroll1.jpg

Wow! Cool scroll.

Around here, in the West things are so busy and back-logged that AOA
scrolls are hand painted onto pre-made blanks - there are four
designs, IIRC. I'm not sure how many years in arrears we are. It is
the rare person who gets a custom made scroll for their AOA.

Uh, OB Food content - so what would people use to "paint" an
"illumination" onto  a cake (not period, i imagine) or sugar plate or
marzipan...

Anahita