SC - Leeds, England info

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 04:09:15 PST 2001

	Rosalyn MacGregor wrote:
	The subject of the 16th Leeds Food Symposium came up recently, and
some
	people indicated they were from that area. Because British Airways
is
	offering such a great rate for travel between the US and London,
I've
	decided to go.
	Those familiar with the areas, can you suggest any hotel
accomodations, plus
	flea market/antique shops and used bookstores? While I'm at the
seminar, my
	husband will be wandering the streets looking for "Cool!" stuff.
<grin> Part
	of our week will be spent in London and part in Leeds.

Saluti!
I will be going to the Leeds Symposium from London, which is probably what
you remember reading - unfortunately there isn't anyone in Leeds as far as I
know.
If you are interested, I am sorting out transport (either train or coach),
accomodation bookings and number of registrations for this at the end of
next week (waiting on the train company specials) and am quite happy to
include you and your lord in any or all of my arrangements.
Currently 4 of us are confirmed with another 2+ probables, so it should be a
merry party. Current thinking is to go up on Friday after work about 6:30,
and stay Fri/Sat nights. The Symposium is Saturday only so doing some
sightseeing or shopping or Armories touring on the Sunday before returning
home.
There is this URL for info on Leeds:
http://www.leeds.gov.uk/tourinfo/tourinfo.html
which tells you about the markets also, but inquiring at the hotel re
bookshops and antique shops will probably get you the local scoop. A couple
of the others won't be attending the Symposium, so your husband won't be
alone.
There is also this URL which is a good accomodation guide:
http://www.2stay.com/uk/leeds2.html#Leeds_Hotels_and_Guest_Houses
And the webpage for the Royal Armories:
http://www.armouries.org.uk/leeds/index.html

Al Servizio Vostro, e del Sogno
Lucrezia

Lady Lucrezia-Isabella di Freccia   |  mka Tina Nevin
Thamesreach Shire, The Isles, Drachenwald | London, UK
thorngrove at yahoo.com | http://www.geocities.com/thorngrove
"There is no doubt that great leaders prefer hard drinkers to good
versifiers" - Aretino, 1536

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk

Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.