SC -veal longings

Decker, Margaret margaret at Health.State.OK.US
Fri Feb 9 06:32:20 PST 2001

My mother wasn't a very good cook either, great pie maker just a very bland
cook. She disliked most spices so rarely used them. I personally don't think
you missed a thing not eating iceberg lettuce - it has no flavor. In that
area I was luck as a child. My father gardened a usually planted six or
seven varieties of lettuce. Yum. Margarite

.other kids moms used Betty Crocker. Mine used Diet for a
Small Planet and a 1920 version of Fanny Farmer that she got in Home Ec.
*sigh*. mom is an amazing woman, but cant cook to save her soul..... (then
there was that whole lettuce and grape thing....we didnt eat them my entire
childhood and adolescence to show solidarity for the field workers. Didnt
have an iceberg lettuce salad until I was in college!)

- --AM, who has the most interesting family :)