SC - Theme Menus

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Sat Feb 10 00:52:08 PST 2001

William said:
> An example would be to trace the foods a crusader or pilgrim would have
> encountered on a trip from western Europe to the Holy Land.  Or maybe
> tracking the food encountered on a Mediterranean trip - Spain, Italy, North
> Africa - or some such.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of a number of such "traveling' feasts. You might
want to look through the feasts reviewed in the files in the FEAST section
of my Florilegium files. Many of the feasts talked about here have ended
up as article files there. Many of these have both the original recipes
and the redactions that the cook(s) used.

If you would like to compare your ideas to what is specified in some
period feast menus, take a look at this file:
p-menus-msg       (46K) 11/10/00    Examples of medieval feast menus.

These do not include the recipes, but you may be able to find some
recipes for those items or similar ones in the rest of the food
sections.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas         stefan at texas.net