SC - recipe trading (was: theme menus)

Sun Feb 11 03:49:44 PST 2001

The question is with what probability?  I have collected a number of
manuscript recipes I have never used because I had a singular opportunity
and I took it.  The intent is to prepare the recipes, but action has not
matched intent.

My mother has collected several volumes of hand written and clipped recipes
over 70 some years, having started in high school.  Some have never been
prepared, others have been used once or twice, and still others may be
prepared several times a year.

We can be certain the recipes in a cookbook were compiled at within a time
span at some places, but without supporting evidence, we can not be certain
that the dishes were ever served then and there.

Common recipes from a number of sources (such as blancmange) suggest that it
might be a recipe in wide and general use.  Menu lists and account books
provide evidence that certain recipes were probably prepared.  Without the
supporting evidence, the probability of use is a guess.

However, I'm not going to let questionable probability get in the way of my
preparing and presenting from a source or sources together, when the
objective  is pleasing palates.

Bear