SC - Theme Menus

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Sun Feb 11 11:25:40 PST 2001

A number of years ago, I was asked to cook a Coronation feast for a gentle with
a Viking personna.  He wanted a Viking Feast.  At the time, either this list
didn't exist or I didn't know about it.  I looked in a number of different
places, but couldn't find much that was "Viking" beyond roasted meat, lutefisk
(?? sp) and bread...didn't sound terribly inspiring!  So I decided to cook foods
from the lands his ancestors had visited.  I started with Scotland, then France,
followed by Germany and Italy.  I finished up with sweets from the Middle East,
as I knew that they had wandered at least as far as Constantinople.  It was very
well received and certainly got me past my dilemma about what to do!

Kiri