SC - how often to be head-cook

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 13 13:07:40 PST 2001

>my husband says I can only
>do a feast every other year... (I think he stressed
>more than I did!)
>-Beatrix

I've been self-limited to one feast per year as head cook.  There is so much
involved in doing the whole show and being head cook isn't the only fun
around.  Opportunities such as being a deputy cook, lunch cook,  or
teaching, even number of events and helping in kitchens in might have to be
passed up in favor of cooking a second event within the year.  Perhaps if
one or both were small feasts it wouldn't interfere much with all the other
fun.

I know some around here have done more than one feast per year, but I don't
think anyone makes a habit of it!  I'd like to know how they manage.  And
did they plan to do multiple feasts, or just have to to step up from deputy
cook?

Bonne