SC - Black Rabbit/frozen mushrooms

Jennifer Myers x95jm at morgan.ucs.mun.ca
Fri Feb 16 06:38:17 PST 2001

Dear Kateryn
I know in medieval rabbit and hare recipes it is traditional to use the
blood combined with vinegar in the stew as a thickener, which
consequencely turns the stew dark. It could mean to wash the rabbit out
with vinegar water, reserve the blood and use?
vinegar stops the blood from coagulating.

hope that helps?
Wisegarda

ps to whomever asked about freezing mushrooms-raw mushrooms don't freeze
well, they exude water and get slimy when thawed, No problem with cooked
ones.