SC - gnocchi (v long)

Lee-Gwen piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Feb 18 22:30:45 PST 2001

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Adamantius

>>> Why Redon, Sabban, and Serventi should quibble about boiled balls of
dough being gnocchi in the modern sense and then
give a recipe for boiled balls of a paste made of flour, cheese, and
eggs, and state that nothing like modern gnocchi existed in the Middle Ages,
I have no idea. >>>

 Yes, I wondered that myself as I was typing this.  I have certainly seen
modern recipes for gnocchi which look very similar to this.  I didn't think
that the potato was what made gnocchi gnocchi.  I rather thought that it
might be related to the shape - nice to see my supposition validated by such
as Adamantis!

Gwynydd (feeling a little smug - *grin*)