SC - OT: Eating the Script Girl

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Feb 20 10:16:54 PST 2001

"Laura C. Minnick" wrote:

> Elaine Koogler wrote:
> >
> > Would you believe:  I not only cannot find it showing anywhere in southern
> > Maryland (no surprise), but it doesn't appear to have shown anywhere in the
> > metropolitan DC area!!!!!  I'm really bummed.  I do hope you're right and I may
> > be able to see it somewhere locally.
>
> I haven;t seen it around here in Oregon at all yet - and irritatingly
> enough, 'Shadow of the Vampire' went away after a very brief run- I was
> going to take Annie to see it last weekend but it was gone already.
> Bummer. I wanted to see it again.

I actually got to see it again last night (SOTV, that is, not Vatel),
with a friend who contacted me and bemoaned the fact that it had
vanished from the theatres, so it became a matter of honor to find one
still showing it. Perhaps with the Oscar nominations, "Vatel" will be back.

> Obligatory food content- "The script girl? I'll eat her later (slurp)."-
> 'Max Schreck'

Upon consideration, I think my favorite is, "Max... please!!! The German
stage neeeeeds you!!!" (Spoken after writer and producer, sitting at a
campfire with a bottle of slivovitz, are joined by the man they believe
to be a Stanislavski method actor, who calmly snatches a bat out of the
air, opens it like a beer bottle, and drinks it.)

Adamantius, sure that the real Alfred Abel, a.k.a. Max Schreck, was a
perfectly nice man
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com