SC - Great Celebration in Atlantia

Sat Feb 24 06:01:06 PST 2001

A moot was a meeting of freemen, often representatives of a shire, so it
carries implications of formality and legal or legislative discourse.
Court, while suitable, is descriptive of a formal gathering and does carry
the SCA baggage with it.  I still remember Ton the Traveler referring to his
Curia Regis as the Curious Regent, so people would be more comfortable a
speak more openly of local problems.

"Conversazione" is a meeting for discussion, often about art.  And
"forgathering" describes a casual meeting or assemble, often by accident.  I
haven't tried to check for earliest citation yet.

Bear