Margali:::::Re: SC - (no subject)/oop recipe

margali margali at 99main.com
Sun Feb 25 16:02:47 PST 2001

I can handle sitting at my desk for about a half an hour, then I go for
a nap. Rob is a lifesaver this week - he is in transit between shore
duty and his next boat, so is on leave until this friday. I love being
pampered! Unfortunately, his boat is docked in the shipyard in
Portsmouth NH for refit for the next year, so he will be up there and I
am stuck down here. I am going up alternating weekends because I have a
friend who visits her parents then and can catch a ride with her.

ob food:
my favorite instant chicken soup recipe:
1 can college inn  chicken broth, 1 qt size
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, coarsely chopped
2 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, coarsely chopped
2 ping pong ball size lumps of ginger, finely chopped
2 bulbs garlic, cloves peeled and coarsely chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 smallish bunch of parsley, leaves chopped
juice and zest of one lemon
1 eighth tsp cayenne pepper
1 eighth tsp nutmeg or galengale

simmer everything but the parsley for about 15 minutes or until the
chicken is cooked. About 5 minutes before it is to be done, chuck in the
parsley. I don't want noodles all the time when I am sick, but you can
add noodles to it.
margali

- --

MarilynTraber at FictionForest.com