SC - Soup figuring?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Feb 26 09:21:46 PST 2001

I guess we go about this quite differently.  When I make soup, I usually do not
roast the chickens, but boil them to create both the stock and the cooked
chicken.  I then remove the chicken from the stock, strip the meat from the
bones and return it to complete the soup.  As I already have my stock, I don't
need to do the extra stock.  The only time I precook chicken that I'm going to
finish cooking in broth is when I make chicken pies, and then I simply brown the
chicken in a frying pan before boiling it.

So that explains why it is more logical for me to use breasts and thighs...and
why you would gain an advantage by using the whole chicken!

Kiri