SC - OT & OOP:::I need a salsa recipe

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 1 06:44:18 PST 2001

>Does anyone have a plain, straight forward salsa recipe they will share?
>Thanks so much.
>Phillipa

I'm sure you have recieved many responses that I haven't gotten to yet, but
here is mine.

Measurements are according to how much you want to end up with, so I shall
not include.
I start with whole fresh tomatoes which I blanch then peel and seed.  I save
the juice from the tomatoes which I toss into the mix.  Cut the tomatoes
into small pieces.  Cut in some onion, bell pepper (I blanch and skin mine),
throw in some hotter peppers for bite if you like, add celantro, salt,
pepper and paprika.  Some add a touch of sugar to this, I don't.  I do add a
bit of herbed vinegar or a dash of tequilla (depending on the crowd) and
some hot sauce.
Olwen