SC - Per head budgets

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Feb 2 09:06:03 PST 2001

>"The expenditure was high because of the cost of

> chicken breast and cider and the fact that a few purchases needed to be made
> at the last minute at market highs.  Total expenditures were about 30
> dollars under budget.

I would have thought that the greatest cost was the fish.  Chicken and cider
is rather inexpensive. Although you did use the breast meat which is more
expensive. Just about any type of fish is pretty expensive in Texas. Add to
the fact that a lot of people say they won't eat it is one reason I don't
usually
do fish. But you have inspired me to try for the next feast I do if I get a
good
deal on it.

I usually get around $3 a head for most of my feasts, btw.  $5 is pure luxury.
I'm planning to do a very limited <40 person feast of extreme quality and
entertainment. Charging around $20 - $30 a head. But this would include
several courses of highest quality stuff as well as live musicians,
entertainment
and proper handwashing and carving.
I've had several people tell me that when I plan to do it they will attend.
Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and do it.

> Bear

Yers,

Gunthar