SC - Re: kraut brands

Nisha Martin nishamartin at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 3 17:43:08 PST 2001

hi
I like hebrew national brand when I can find it.
Clausens is good too. Nice and crisp. I've never seen
bubbies. I think the reason alot of people dont
likekraut is they dont know to rinse it off. I know my
mom didn't.
My mom actually made kraut when we had a garden. Made
the house smell AWFUL!!! but it was really good. I
snitched it while it was curing. I like it on the
young side the best.
Nisha

Mmm-mmm sauerkraut. My favorite brand is Bubbies -
real clean stuff.
I don't eat enough to try to make homemade, though.

The best storebought kraut (IMHO) is Clausen's, in the
case next to the pickles. Yum! Fresh, tangy, not so
much like like just cabbage in pickle juice like my
mom used to buy. (Of course, I think their pickles are
superior too!)