SC - OT: Web copyright -- can Earthlink use my material?

rcmann4 at earthlink.net rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 3 19:35:03 PST 2001

And it came to pass on 3 Feb 01, , that Christine A Seelye-King wrote:

> He just read your note and said that yes, that
> is what this agreement means.  He said the way for you to protect your
> material is to pay for a domain name, and then pay for a hosting service
> (could be Earthlink, or someone else) to host your domain and then you
> have control over the materials on your site.  Anything you put on the
> free webspace they give you with your service is ultimately their
> property, though.

I had considered that the webspace was paid, not free.  I am, after
all, paying a monthly fee for my acount, although I am not paying
for the extra bells and whistles that corporate customers get.

> 	With the amount of work that you are putting into this project, and the
> potential for you to publish this at some later date, I would seriously
> look into getting a more secured web site.

Thank you for the advice.  I do have other options.  It would have
been simplest to be able to put the material on my personal web
page, but I am not going to do so under these conditions.

> Christianna

Lady Brighid ni Chiarain
Settmour Swamp, East (NJ)
mka Robin Carroll-Mann