SC - spelling please

Ted Eisenstein Alban at delphi.com
Mon Feb 5 10:32:44 PST 2001

>Actually, the English bastardization of the word
>should have no bearing... it is a French word, for
>which there is no plural difference.  When you speak
>the word, whether you are in France or the U.S., you
>are speaking a French word, and it's context should be
>respected.

Yeah, except that English takes into itself quite a few
foreign words and adopts them for its own nefarious purposes.
At what point does a borrowed foreign word acquire native
rights?

(Unlike French, of course, which refuses to acknowledge that
foreign words can be just as good as its own verbiage. . . )

....and we're straying far off the purpose of this list.....

Alban, who'll shut up now on this subject