SC - alcohol revisited

Chris Stanifer jugglethis at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 5 11:27:14 PST 2001

- --- "Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US>
wrote:
> Am I going out of my way to provide a list of the
> ingredients of my feast?
> I don't think so.

The actual question was not really about posting a
list of ingredients, which I feel is certainly the
least we could do.  The question was actually a little
more broad in scope.  At what point can we, as SCA
cooks, back away from the table and say "I have done
enough...the rest is up to you."?  Does it end with
the list of ingredients?  If it does, then I say
"problem solved".  If, however, we are to be held
accountable for our neighbors relapse into alcoholism
because there was a trace amount of port in our
porridge, then I say "shame on us".  That's how this
thread (or this version of the thread) got started
(and tends to get started every time it comes up).
So, my question is really "at what point is our
obligation satisfied?"

Balthazar of Blackmoor