non-member submission- Re: SC - OT: Web copyright -- can Earthlink use my material?

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Feb 6 15:29:03 PST 2001

Noble Cousin!

The Earthlink boilerplate appears to say that you pretty much give
them unlimited rights to your work. They say that they can sell or
do with it anything that they want, that they can rewrite it or
modify it, and that they don't even have to give you any credit for
it. Lots of corporations try to get things to which they are not
entitled. This seems to be a case of that.

                                Your Humble Servant
                                Solveig Throndardottir
                                Amateur Scholar
- --
| Barbara Nostrand, Ph.D.         | Solveig Throndardottir, CoM       |
| deMoivre Institute              | Carolingia Statis Mentis Est      |
| mailto:nostrand at acm.org         | mailto:bnostran at lynx.neu.edu      |
| Ignored domains: bestbiz.net, pop.net, hotmail.com, aibusiness.com  |
|                  vdi.net, usa.net, tpnet.pl, myremarq.com           |
|                  netscape.net, excite.com, bigfoot.com, public.com  |
|                  com.tw, eranet.net, yahoo.com, success.net         |
|                  mailcity.com, net.tw, twac.com, netcenter.com      |
|                  techie.com, msn.com                                |