SC - Re: kraut brands

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Feb 7 08:02:21 PST 2001

rcmann4 at earthlink.net wrote:

> And it came to pass on 4 Feb 01, , that Philip & Susan Troy wrote:
>
> > I wish I could remember the name of the town in the Adirondacks that
> > bills itself as the Sauerkraut Capital of the United States... North
> > Norburgh, NY?
>
> Phelps, NY.  Their annual Sauerkraut Festival will be August 2-5,
> 2001.

I don't doubt that Phelps has a sauerkraut festival, but this was
another town that I passed through. I'll see if I can find out its name.

> > Driving through it was... interesting. I swear we could see birds flying
> > overhead and dropping like rocks from the sky.
>
> I usually think of it as an accompaniment to pork or sausage, but I
> suppose there aren't that many pigs falling out of the skies over
> Phelps, NY.

Aren't there parts of New York State in Aethelmearc? FWIW, I'm pretty
sure horseradish, like cabbages, are brassicas, and horseradish was
originally the source of mustard gas for use in the First World War.
Probably a lot of the same compounds in both.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com